We’re looking for a skilled UX Writer / Content Designer to join our team to craft clear, concise, and user-friendly copy. You will help to ensure that every bit of content and information contributes to a seamless and enjoyable experience for millions of users who use our products.
With over 150 million customers in 45+ countries, Bolt is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe and Africa. And it's all thanks to our people.
We believe in creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
Our ultimate goal is to make cities for people, not cars, and we need your help to achieve this mission!
About the role
As a Senior UX Writer, your primary responsibility will be to design UX copy and content for our digital products to help users navigate our products. You will collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers to create user-centric in-app or web microcopy, including those for onboarding, feature naming, checkout flows, promotions, error messages, instructional materials, etc.
Your success in this role will also depend on your ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders from diverse domains and functional backgrounds to influence their strategies and decision-making processes.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Crafting and iterating copy to optimize user comprehension and engagement.
- Making sure that all copy is aligned to our prescribed ‘house style’ and audience tone of voice.
- Conducting audits and research to identify opportunities and drive consistency across our products.
- Creating best-practice documentation and guidelines for product managers and designers.
- Staying up-to-date with the current best practices in UX content.
- Collaborating with user researchers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to grasp user needs, project requirements, and limitations.
- You have experience as a Senior UX Writer, preferably in a fast-paced technology or internet-based company, and a proven track record of shipping digital products that serve millions of users.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a range of writing samples for mobile and web platforms, including, but not limited to: user interface copy, microcopy, information architecture, conversation design, direct or transactional emails, etc.
- You're proficient in product design tools and software including (most of all) Figma, agile software such as Jira / Confluence, localisation software, and usability testing tools.
- You’re a highly creative individual who takes the initiative in finding solutions to problems and takes ownership of your work.
- You stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and emerging technologies to apply this knowledge to your work.
- You have an outstanding command of English grammar and spelling, and communicate fluently in English.
- You have exceptional collaboration skills that enable you to work with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders effectively.
Experience is great, but what we really look for is drive, intelligence, and integrity. So even if you don’t tick every box, please consider applying if you feel you’re the kind of person described above!