Working in collaboration with the Online Projects & Communications teams, including Product Owners, Developers, and the Research team the UX/UI Designer will oversee the designing intuitive user interfaces across all platforms used internally and externally.
Your understanding of UI and UX principles will be valuable in creating seamless user journeys, enabling our Contact Centre team to address issues effectively and access essential information promptly. This role is vital for us because at Next, we take pride in the support we offer our customers and are constantly striving to increase our customer satisfaction.
As the UX Designer, you will be the champion of the user, and be able to back up any decisions by citing a research or user testing session.
In this role, UI design will be a significant focus, encompassing elements such as design systems, typography, and iconography.
However, your responsibilities will extend beyond these aspects to include key techniques like journey mapping, wireframing, and prototyping.
What we’re looking for:
- With a creative approach to solving problems and a flair for design, you’ll have good knowledge of industry-standard tools and techniques such as:
- Figma - including design systems, components & prototyping
- Hierarchy in UI through typography and palette
- User journey building
- Accessible design principles
Understanding the user
- Understanding the customer by working closely with research and getting involved with user studies, analysis, test plans and Iteration. This will include conducting face-to-face interviews and planning user testing sessions.
- Collecting relevant analytics data by working with our in-house Data Science Team.
- Set up simple prototypes for user testing
- Working alongside our user research team to analyse results and make suggestions for the next steps
- Selling in of design concepts to all levels of the business
- Collaborate closely with product owners and developers
- Support research by presenting user insights back to the business
- Understanding of agile methodology
- Understanding of data sources and API calls
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge as well as component based web frameworks
- Service design blueprinting
Press the apply button now to start your application. Once you have applied for the job, we will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If you match our criteria we will be in touch regarding the next steps.
All successful applicants will be subject to criminal & credit checks in line with our Reference Policy. In order to apply for this position you must not have had an unsuccessful application for a similar role in 6 months.
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. This role is not one we would typically consider for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route due to, for example, the relevant Home Office requirements on skills level, not being met. Candidates are therefore encouraged to consider their own right to work options without Next sponsorship.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Quarterly bonuses
- Free parking on Next authorised sites
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Restaurants with great food at amazing prices
- Hot deals and exclusive offers from over 3,500 retailers through Perks at Work
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Sharesave scheme