About The Role
UX Product Designer
Checkatrade – Where reputation matters
As we grow our inhouse product and user experience team, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced UX Product Designer. Working in a fast-moving marketplace organisation, operating in Agile, you will be a creative problem solver with expertise across UX and UI. Collaborative and passionate with guts to risk new ways of doing things, you’ll deliver on Checkatrade growth agenda through effective product design. You'll be the advocate for UX across your team and the wider business, keeping the customer at the heart of it all! If you would like to be part of our integral squad, helping to define a positive experience for our members, we'd love to hear from you!
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire or Kings Cross, London. Hybrid working applies. 2 days working in the office, 3 days working from home.
Where do you fit in?
We’re here to make home repairs and improvements easy for everyone. Our vision is to make Checkatrade the number one place homeowners go to get their jobs done by quality tradespeople. Reporting to the Lead UX Product Designer, you'll manage and execute the delivery of UX projects to support our strategic. You’ll be involved in the evolution of our design guidelines and experience principles as well as presenting UX and design work back to business stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for exploring product problems, developing design solutions that solve these problems. You'll be proactive and implement changes based on the users' feedback. At Checkatrade we are proud of our products and the work that we do and therefore hold weekly show and tell meetings where we showcase and celebrate all the amazing work we do! If you are creative with fresh ideas, this is the role for you! Sound good?
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to join a household digital brand that is investing heavily on its future.
- A fast-paced marketplace set up and a business focused in developing best in class products.
- An excellent salary and benefits within an organisation encouraging you to think big and own it.
We are an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What do you need to succeed?
- Solid experience of UX, IA and UI principles.
- Experience with wireframing/prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch or Axure.
- Previous product development background within an agile environment.
- Core UX research methodologies knowledge is a must!
- We want to see a portfolio that showcases your passion for design. Highlight projects where your creativity contributed to attracting and engaging potential leads.
- Previously worked for a marketplace business.
Checkatrade is the homeowners choice for finding a local reputable and reliable tradesperson. For over 20 years, we've been the place where reputation matters most - and if you join us, you’ll ensure that our trade members continue to uphold these high standards.
With 47,000 trades available to help with your home improvement project, we’re here to help no matter how big or small the project you are undertaking is.
We're currently going through a period of significant investment and growth and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on our journey to help us achieve our ambitious goals. This is a really exciting time to join our team.