About The Role
We’re looking for an Experience Designer (Connected) with a background in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. Leading design projects across our Dyson Link Apps, you’ll collaborate with other experience designers, project managers, product owners, engineers and developers to create new experiences and enhancements that help us evolve our Apps to become broader owner channels in their own right.
As well as working closely with your Experience Design colleagues, you’ll lead collaboration with other teams within Commercial and IT, and also directly with the engineering and development teams too. You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
You will work closely with UX Researchers to take research and insight and carry concepts which solve real user problems from strategy into production. You’ll have a great team around you, but you’ll ensure we are delivering the right thing in the right way. You’ll know the best way to tackle complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognizing that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
- Leading on a number of projects across the Dyson Link App. Taking insight-led research and designing customer journeys from initial concept through to production, defining the interactions across all touchpoints, platforms and devices.
- Creating the appropriate artefacts within the design process to communicate your ideas effectively – including user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity UI designs and interaction guides.
- Work with App and IT Product Owners and Engineering Design Managers to shape the App’s OE roadmap, taking requirements from across the business and ensuring experience design is considered throughout the delivery process.
- Contribute new ideas to improve our app experiences – whether through content optimisations, A/B tests or new features. Understand the value of both smaller optimisations and larger transformational projects, and use the right approaches to deliver both effectively.
- Constantly push the boundaries of what our platforms can do, balancing both user and business needs to create experiences that solve real problems.
- Helping to lead the development our digital design system, evangelising its use across the business (particularly within the our apps) and encouraging the team to actively contribute to its growth and development. Demanding consistency across multiple touchpoints and channels, ensuring we design and build using atomic principles.
- Review work of your team members to ensure alignment with Dyson’s visual identity standards and that every stage of a user journey delivers the right message at the right time.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments supported by research insights.
- Help to build, lead and manage multiple experience design teams within agile delivery processes, as well as directly managing and coaching individual team members.
- Bring teams together, ensuring knowledge is shared and projects are aligned. This could include running feedback sessions and workshops – whether it’s to keep a project moving in the right direction or to keeping everyone on the same page, you’ll know the right ways to communicate effectively to larger audiences.
- Create kits and guidelines to communicate the project strategy and recommendations to our global markets and project teams.
- A champion of usability, UI and accessibility best practices, UX principles and our core Dyson Values, and communicating them across the wider business.
- Relevant experience in native mobile application design (iOS/Android)
- An awareness of emerging app platforms and ecosystems such as WeChat.
- A strong portfolio to be presented and walked through during interview
- A user-centric approach, making decisions based on insight.
- An expert understanding of usability, accessibility and information architecture principles.
- Experience designing and crafting high-quality UX/UI artefacts from strategy/discovery to design and production, including user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI designs and interaction guides.
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and Axure
- Experience in responsive design for multiple devices (mobile first)
- Experience working in an agile delivery/development process
- Experience in managing a design team
- Confident running group sessions and workshops
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities
- Ability to work across multiple projects, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines
- Experience designing usable components for Content Management Systems.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre