We are looking for a Senior designer to join our growing design team!
We are currently recruiting designers at a Senior level with a good understanding of Design Thinking, excellent client-facing skills, and a great track record on project delivery. Visual, Motion, Service or UX Designers are encouraged to apply. We have offices in Manchester and London, and encourage flexible and hybrid working. Most designers at Magnetic share a common base of skills. They include visual design, design thinking, prototyping and the ability to make things happen. More senior people within the organisation bring skills around project leadership, coaching and client empathy.
Magnetic is the UK’s largest independent innovation and digital design studio. We solve problems and unlock potential for organisations. We help them change and innovate at pace. We work alongside clients to create products, services and strategies, enabling them to transform themselves and thrive in a changing world.
We work with an unusually broad range of organisations, in an unusually broad range of sectors. Recent clients include Legal & General, The Big Issue, Bupa, National Grid, Mars, Innovate UK, WSP, Atkins, Highways England, BBC, Condé Nast, The Economist, Channel 4, Fulham Football Club, Jacobs, Ageas and Save The Children. We’re particularly proud of recent work we’ve done around helping organisations make sense of the future of work, embedding Net Zero in large organisations, creating sustainable business models in the media, driving innovation in engineering companies, building purpose and growth in the third sector and creating life enhancing health tech products for hard-to-reach communities.
What will you be doing?
As a senior member of our design team, you will help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design so we are looking for someone who has good people skills who can help us build a strong design team culture within the business. You will:
- Come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into logical, coherent solutions that centre around our clients needs
- Support the design team in setting, communicating and delivering meaningful and exciting design solutions
- Inspire and work with the team, to push their creative, innovative solutions further
- Help our team improve their thinking and processes to demonstrate our design capability, quality and efficacy
- Attend, contribute and/or facilitate client workshops - helping interrogate problems, provoke discussion and surface possible solutions to take forward
- Coach, mentor and develop colleagues to improve both their hard and soft skills and inspire them to new creative heights
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior designer with sufficient experience in concept design that is able to support or lead on digital projects. We are looking for someone with 7-10 years design experience who is:
- Experienced in design thinking, we are looking for someone who is familiar and has used this process
- An expert in software & hard skills (Illustrator, Figma, Photoshop, Indesign, Premiere, After Effects).
- A Well rounded designer capable of turning your hand to a variety of design disciplines – graphic, UX/UI, prototyping, service design, video editing
- A friendly, generous and collegial design leader, experienced in organising and directing multiple designers and projects
- A problem solver that can bring to life ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive to create concepts and prototypes
- Able to help us showcase our design work through storytelling and case studies
What we offer
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes:
- Membership in our bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance including optical cover
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Enhanced pension with employer contribution of up to 4% of your salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work
- Gender neutral parental leave
In addition, to ensure that everyone has enough time to rest and recharge we give all our employees: 25 days annual leave per calendar year, increasing by 1 day for every two years served and 3 additional days annual leave for our Christmas shut down period plus 8 bank holidays (please note these can be repurposed in line with your religious beliefs)
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace - a place where we can all be ourselves. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements.