About the Role
As a Digital Designer at Costello Medical, you will be responsible for a wide range of digital projects, from the initial concept development to full production, allowing for real autonomy and creativity. You will work closely with internal colleagues and external clients to understand the project brief, providing technical insight and guidance where required, and will produce materials to high standards of clarity and presentation.
Typical projects you will work on include the development, maintenance and testing of new and existing websites and web applications, the creation of interactive content for conferences and events, and the creation of digital marketing materials such as HTML emails, web banners and social media graphics. Further examples of our work can be found here: https://www.costellomedical.com/what-we-do/medical-communications/creative/portfolio/.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with project managers and clients at the outset of projects to determine the design scope, purpose, and strategic approach to be taken
- Clearly communicating project requirements to project teams and providing input on any technical queries, where required
- Ensuring that materials are delivered in a timely manner, and on budget, with a key focus on the high quality and professional appearance of all deliverables
- Maintaining exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
We offer many opportunities for personal and professional development at Costello Medical. Please click below to read first-hand accounts from our colleagues about their time with the company: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/working-at-costello-medical/
We are looking for a proactive candidate who will contribute innovative ideas to the continued development of our digital design service offerings. You will have a great understanding of aesthetics and a meticulous attention to detail. You will also take pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires you to have a problem-solving mindset, strong analytical skills as well as excellent customer service and an enthusiasm for technology and high-quality development. Exceptional organisation and self-motivation, alongside an eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions, is a must.
Although no previous experience in the scientific industry is required, we are looking for individuals with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science. An interest in applying digital design to the healthcare industry would be an advantage.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a design-related discipline (minimum 2.1), in addition to a highly innovative portfolio. We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; Digital Design, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Digital Communications and Media, Motion Design, and Art
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years’ professional experience
- Technical knowledge of email/web/application development including practical experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with UI/UX design for a wide range of digital channels
- Good working experience of Figma, or a strong desire to learn
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Familiarity with other software in the Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, an excellent level of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build robust and sustainable working relationships
Desirable skills for the role are:
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) experience
- Knowledge of omnichannel marketing and a flare for copywriting
About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a rapidly growing global healthcare agency specialising in medical communications, market access and health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our mission is to be a community of the very best people, building trusted partnerships across the healthcare sector by delivering an exceptional service. Our vision is to be a leading global partner consistently striving for meaningful and outstanding contributions that improve people’s health and lives.
We are committed to our company values which are central to creating our fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Top 100 Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years.
On 27th May 2022 Costello Medical received its certification as a B Corporation. We are really proud of this achievement as it demonstrates that Costello Medical is meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. We underwent a rigorous assessment that covered the whole of our business including employee benefits, charitable giving and sustainability. We believe this certification is external validation of our mission to be a force for good.
The Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process includes a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team, followed by an assessment for you to complete in your own time. If successful, you will be invited to an interview, which includes a portfolio review, with senior members of our Creative team. Our standard recruitment process lasts around 2 to 4 weeks, however this can be adapted if necessary.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and, throughout the recruitment process, there are a number of reasonable adjustments we can provide. Please click here to read more about this and contact the People Team via firstname.lastname@example.org should you require reasonable adjustments at any stage.
We are currently recruiting for start dates in early 2024, including January and February, and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Whilst there are no set application deadlines, we would strongly recommend applying as early as possible so that we can begin processing your application, as the role will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that this role is available in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, as well as our London and Manchester offices. You can learn more about our office locations here: www.costellomedical.com/careers/locations
What We Offer
- A starting salary of £30,000 to £35,000 per annum, depending on your previous experience. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and will then be reviewed on a yearly basis
- A discretionary profit share bonus paid twice per year
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank and public holidays
- The chance to work from home for up to half of your working time
- Flexible benefits scheme offering additional holiday, cash payments and pension contributions
- 4% employer pension contributions
- Private Medical Insurance which offers comprehensive cover on a “medical history disregard” basis
- Paid study leave and funding for external qualifications
- Cycle to Work scheme and an interest-free travel loan scheme
- Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Regular company-funded social activities
Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/benefits-package-in-the-uk/
How to Apply
You are required to submit your CV and a cover letter via our online application form. You will also be asked to provide a PDF portfolio or a link to an online portfolio. In your cover letter, you must explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical, with examples to support both. As written communication is a vital skill for this role, if your cover letter is suspected to have been generated by Artificial Intelligence (AI), your application is likely to be disqualified. Your CV should clearly state the dates of all qualifications and grades achieved where applicable.
Please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or application process.
We can provide visa sponsorship for eligible candidates for our Digital Designer role. You will be asked to provide details of your right to work in the UK within your application, however this will have no impact on the processing of your application.